Wednesday, May 14th, 2024
9:00 AM CST - 12:00 PM CST
This is an online event
What is Beyond Boot Camp?
The Beyond Boot Camp series was created to give Alliance members additional information and training that we weren't able to squeeze into our regular Boot Camp. These short online classes will fill in some of the gaps and expand on topics we feel you need to know.
Prior attendance at a live Boot Camp isn't required, but it's recommended. Classes are short, usually 2-3 hours, and anyone from your company can attend.
About the Instructor(s)
Trainer: Michael Bohinc
Michael Bohinc is an accountant in Cleveland, OH. He is the Chief Financial Officer of his familyâ€™s plumbing company. He is an Advisor for the Service Nation Alliance. Michael is a recipient of the Servant Leader Award. The award, rarely presented, recognizes outstanding individuals who lead through service to their industry and the people in their industry. He is the youngest to ever receive this honor. He has over 30 yearsâ€™ experience working on business management issues in the plumbing-heating-cooling industry.
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), U.S. organizations lose 5% of their annual revenues to fraud--that translates to approximately $1 trillion in losses each year! Small businesses (less than 100 employees) suffer higher instances and higher losses ($150,000 average) than larger companies. See how frauds occur in the contracting industry and learn procedures you can implement to reduce your chances of becoming the latest victim of fraud.
- Definition of Fraud
- Fraud Triangle - What is needed for fraud to have occurred
- Types of fraud in a contracting company
- Behavior Red Flags - Warning signs of potential fraud
- Policies/procedures you can put in place to reduce risk of fraud
Beyond Boot Camp: Fraud in the Workplace
Who should attend this course?
While anyone who is interested may attend this course, the target audience is:
- General Manager
- Sales Manager
- Service Manager
- Office Manager
What you need to bring:
- Attendees must access this online workshop from a computer.
- If attendees have access to their financial statements, they can refer to their specific financials when the instructor shares some common areas of the financial statements where you may find potential fraud.
- If necessary, the trainer will provide tools and templates to the attendees via email (sent to the email address registered) the business day prior to the start of the workshop.
Class Cancellation Policy
On occasion, due to unforeseen circumstances, or for circumstances beyond our control, a class may have to be cancelled. We will avoid these cancellations if at all possible.
One of the causes of a cancelled class may be low enrollment. If a class does not meet the minimum enrollment (can differ by class and circumstance) by two weeks prior to the start date, Service Nation, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the class. You can help prevent this situation by enrolling in classes early.
In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified of the cancellation, and any funds paid will be refunded.
Notice of Photographic and Media Recording:
Service Nation, Inc. may take photos and videos during this event. Please let us know if you do not consent.